Saturday, October 01, 2005

The first of October (can you believe it?)

I'm ushering in the new month by eating Rice Krispies with vanilla silk and brown sugar, my window flung open to the mid-60s temperature. First, I have to get this out of my system. What is up with this weather? The high today is 75. SEVENTY-FIVE. Two days when I woke up, it was thirty degrees out. After this weekend, the weather is going to be back in the low-fifties, where it's supposed to be.

The dorm is still under "quiet hours" until noon, but I don't feel bad this once, that the people next door can probably hear my music (the Beatles, again); the other night, they were partying until 2 AM.


(slightly related: The wind is blowing from just the right direction that I can smell the Chinese restaurant that's a few blocks away. Yum!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like to note that jewish culture has lasted for thousands of years and any modern hebrew speaker can read ancient text with much trouble, too. just wanted to say.

oh, and i agree with you. but culture is a big theory and all depends how you define it.

abbey

Anonymous said...

typo city. i meant to say, of course, withOUT much trouble.
i'm always in too much of a hurry when i post on boards/blogs..

dänika said...

Okay, China is ONE of the only cultures, yadda yadda yadda. :)

But, yeah. that's really cool.