Saturday, September 17, 2005

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?!

This morning I didn't need to set my alarm clock; I woke up at 8:40 to a man bellowing, "You wanna play baaaaallllll? YOUUU WAAAAAAAANNNNNNNA PLAAAAAAAY BAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL?!"

There's a football field just below my window; we don't have a football team here anymore, but the local middle schools/high schools use it for their games. Today it must be middle-schoolers -- they almost disappear under the bulky uniforms. They're totally cute. Number 41 is lying on the field right now, with a group of people clustered around him. I hope he'll be okay. :(

Last night was beautiful; L. and I went for a long walk by the lake; we got there just a bit after sunset and got to see the moon rise over the water. It was so gorgeous, a trail of diamonds sparkling their way across to the horizon.

It's really nice out today, partly cloudy, in the low seventies; really great weather, especially considering that L. has an off-road bike race today that's 40 miles long. FORTY. Like, ten more than thirty. Twenty times two.

There are times I don't know if he's amazing, or just insane. Maybe both.

No comments: