Monday, May 30, 2005

land the prince with the perfect hair


Clouds - May 29th, 2005



I can't believe I have the whole summer stretching ahead of me. I keep thinking that I'm slacking off on homework, that I'm neglecting doing something -- I can't quite wrap my brain around the fact that I don't have to go back in a couple of weeks, that I don't have to plan everything right away, but instead can just take it easy and plan things for, oh, TWO MONTHS FROM NOW if I feel like it. I'm looking forward to the end of this month, when I'm going to housesit for Ang and Gus -- I'm going to like getting away from here for a week or so. It's strange, being out in the middle of nowhere after living in a big city (that has another big city smooshed up against it); other than the oppressive silence, the distance thing is getting to me:

There: Target =4 minute drive
Here: Target = 50 minute drive
There: Movie Theatre = 5 minutes
Here: Movie Theatre = 25 minutes
There: good Grocery Store = 1 minute
Here: good Grocery Store = 23 minutes
There: Library = 0 or 5 minutes
Here: Library = 25 minutes
There: Symphony Orchestra = 10 minutes
Here: Symphony Orchestra = 120 minutes

Being away from home and being my own person: priceless.
Spending time with family: priceless.


I rented two romantic comedies on dvd a couple of nights ago; "Down with Love" and "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." I've gotta say, Ewan McGregor is h-h-hotter than I'd remembered -- and I love the song at the end (he has a great voice); it makes me want to watch Moulin Rouge again.

No comments: