Friday, September 01, 2006

finally! we're getting to MY part of the year.

I logged on to the computer this morning, and when I realized what day it was, I was like, "Holy September, Batman!" Only not, because I haven't seen Batman. But if I had, I would have been.

I moved back to school yesterday, finished hauling my things up the three flights of stairs by 9:40, and unpacked/talked to John until 2:30 this morning. I'm exhausted right now, because I should be sleeping; but there's a Huge, Really Important Event on Campus this weekend, and ever since the football game right outside my window finished last night, men have been setting up tents and pounding stakes and running refrigerated trailers and all sorts of loud things.

Classes begin on Tuesday, and I am so far beyond excited, I can't describe it. (But I'll try.) I love school, and I especially love it in the autumn, when the air is crisp and cool. To me, Fall is the new Spring -- I feel so refreshed, so rejuvenated, so ready to handle anything. The world seems new and fresh, so clean after the hot, dusty days of summer. Plus, I'm graduating in may, so there's an end in sight, a goal to work toward; it's not endless years of school anymore. I have a goal beyond that, though, a motivating factor that excites me beyond anything else -- the fact that after I do a good job this year and graduate, we get married!

And that is so exciting.

No comments: