Monday, February 20, 2006

meme: 5 Guilty Pleasures

I was tagged by Sar quite a while ago, but couldn't come up with 5 truly guilty pleasures. But I'll have a shot at it:

1.) Cutting my hair. I do it too often, because I obsess over the feeling of doing it - the sound of the blades cutting the hair, the euphoria of seeing a mass of hair that I get to throw away. I think part of it has to do with the fact that I used to have long, long, long hair, and never cut it myself until a few years ago. (I cut my hair again tonight -- it's above my shoulders and gently layered, straight, with a few pieces pinned back from my face. I like it, very much. )

2.) I read, waaaay too much. A couple of semesters ago, I was averaging 5 extra-curricular books per week, in addition to my homework and textbooks (I also pulled a 4.0 that semester O:) ).

3.) Surprising John when he's at work. I don't do it that often; probably 5 times, but I love the look on his face when he hears someone ("NO! Another customer! Aaaagh.") approaching, then looks up with his bored, "How may I help you" face and sees me instead! His look freezes for a second, then melts into a huge smile.

4.) "Pure Seduction," a new scent from Victoria's Secret. My friend Jamie bought five bottles and gave one (GAVE ONE!) to me yesterday. I can't stay away from it - it smells almost like candy and makes me want to lick my arm (I have; it didn't taste as good as it smells).

5.) Reading weblogs. I found a few more recently that are so great; I really enjoy getting the little insights into people's lives.


There! I tag Jenni, Heidi (because, hello! You still haven't done it! ;) ), Heather, and Di.

No comments: